I was a little hung up on the numbers Sunday when I found out that we only had four embryos. I called my nurse a little upset Monday and she called back with wonderful news. What we didn't have in quantity we certainly had in quality!
On Monday, 3 embryos were 4-cell and 1 was 2-cell. Plus, according to my nurse, they were 'beautiful' ... they looked great and had no fragmentation. That definitely lifted my spirits. However, I was still a tad concerned ... Would they make it to day 5?
I didn't get a call as early today as I had hoped but around 2:30 I heard from my nurse ... and we still have 4 perfect embabies! Words I love to hear! 2 are 7-cell and 2 are 8-cell :) :) Eeeeek! This is fantastic news! She said that I won't be getting a call tomorrow because they are doing so well. After they reach 8 cells, they can't count anymore since they start getting more complex (she said they start looking like a cluster of grapes).
So... transfer is scheduled for Thursday at 9:30am. We will decide that day how many we will transfer ... standard is 1 but we are leaning toward 2 ... But thats not 100% decided yet.
No eating restrictions this time but I will need a full bladder. Then it's bedrest for 24ish hours ... and, 2 weeks of waiting.
My Dad was really cute today when I texted him the growth update. His response was 'YEAH!!!!!!!!!' aww, he's so excited :)
In other news, DH is still pretty sick so MIL is here helping out the both of us. He's having some tests run and I'm hoping it's nothing too serious ... fingers crossed.
This whole process has been so emotional but most of all just incredible. Science is amazing I can't wait to see our embryos in 36 hours and welcome them to their new home!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment