Friday, April 20, 2012

more good news

When you've tried to get pregnant for more cycles than you can possibly count (we're talking a few years here) you get pretty used to bad news and disappointment. I've been spotting now for a week, so while my beta was great from Tuesday, I was pretty anxious about what it would be Thursday.

What they are looking for, is for the HCG level in my blood to increase at a certain rate in two days. Doubling is preferred but it's not necessarily bad if it's not quite doubling either. I know plenty of people whose doubling rate was more than 48 hours and they now have healthy, beautiful babies. But, when I got the call yesterday, I was very excited to hear that my HCG was ...

1172!

That's a doubling rate of 39.53 hours, which is fabulous! :)

Of course, now the question is ... How many are there? One or two?

There is really no way to know until the first ultrasound, which I've scheduled for Monday the 30th. So soon! We can speculate but the truth is, it could be a singleton growing at a furious pace ... Or, it could be twins. I have a third and final beta this coming Monday and then another week to spend wondering.

Right now, I really don't know! I'm thinking twins ... Maybe. I'm just so so so happy to have 2 great betas behind me! I'm excited to maybe, finally, really actually be pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment