Tuesday, September 3, 2013

oops

I totally failed at blogging throughout my pregnancy and the birth of my baby. But I'm hoping I can pick it up now because Leah is 10 weeks old and it is so fun to get to know her more and more every day. 

Looking back, my pregnancy was fairly uneventful from a medical standpoint; however I was sick the entire time. I had about two weeks of relief In the second trimester, but most of the time was spent popping zofran and throwing up - no fun at all! I had to keep snacks next to my bed which usually were granola bars and fruit snacks. If I didn't eat something within moments of waking up that usually meant it would be a bad day. 

At 16 weeks we found out we were having a girl! I had gone to the ultrasound at the perinatologist by myself because David had to work. I didn't realize at that appointment we would be able to find out the gender so when the doctor asked me if I wanted to know I said no because my husband wasn't there... When I told some friends later that I could've found out the gender that day they said to call back and I realized I really wanted to know! David didn't mind so I called back and the doctor was able to confirm our baby was a girl! πŸ‘ΆπŸΌπŸ’—

I continued seeing the perinatologist throughout my pregnancy even though everything was normal. At around 20 weeks, baby measured slightly large - in the 77th percentile. She continued to stay well above the curve - even though my gestational diabetes test (which I had three of!) all showed normal glucose levels. She was just a big girl! The upside of seeing the high-risk doctor was I had an ultrasound every four weeks so we have great pictures of the baby growing. At about 22 weeks I decided to change OB/GYNs. I wasn't really happy with some of the comments I received and office practices so I decided to switch. It was the best decision I could've made. I was much happier at the new practice. 

As I got closer to my due date things started to get more and more real. Baby was still measuring big - at some points over the 90th percentile, which basically was off the charts. I was eating pretty healthy (and actually was eating less than I did before pregnancy because I was so sick) so the doctors couldn't really explain her rapid growth. I knew it was a possibility I would end up with a C-section so I was prepared if that was the case. I'll save my birth story for another post, but Leah Vivian DeBoer arrived healthily on June 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM weighing 9 lbs. 5 oz. Baby girl and I share a birthday. My 29th birthday is one I'll never forget! 

Day one - my chunk of love!

Day three - so alert!

Baby girl last night, just shy of 10 weeks old - time is flying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment