Things are moving at warp speed right now which is great for my impatient self! Last Friday we got the okay to start stims (shots!) Monday night. I was so excited I didn't want to wait!
So far the shots have been pretty painless. I've been icing my stomach for a few minutes beforehand and that seems to help. We've made our guest bathroom into our pharmacy. I have an alarm on my phone that goes off at 8:45 every evening to remind me that it's injection time. So far so good.
Thursday was my first monitoring appointment, IVF cycle day 4. My lining was good and I had 7 follicles on the right and 6 on the left. I left feeling okay but thought I needed some more. My nurse Chris called in the afternoon to say that my estrogen was a little low and that I should increase my Gonal-f dose to 225IU (up from 150).
I had my second monitoring appointment this morning in the Annandale office. I was thinking some growth had occurred but was very surprised to hear that I now had 21 follicles! Whoa! 13 on the right and 8 on the left. Eeeeek! I will get my bloodwork results in a few hours and I'll find out what my doseage for the next two days will be.
I'm starting to feel my right ovary a bit, I'm sure of it. I felt it last night even before I knew what was going in in there. Of course, overstimming is bad so we will wait to hear what the nurse says later.
But for now, I'm super happy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment