Thursday, March 29, 2012

Eeeeek

Warp speed. Warp. SPEED. Oh my goodness has this week flown by. Aside from a minor meltdown on Wednesday everything has gone absolutely 'perfect' according to my RE. I have a great number of mature and almost mature follicles, estrogen is rising nicely (343, 900, 1180, 1957 this week) so I got the green light to trigger tonight!!! This is the one shot I have been dreading since it's intramuscular (short in the butt/love handle area) but it's my last shot. My tummy is thanking me!

Our egg retrieval is scheduled for 9 am on Saturday. We are going to stay in a hotel tomorrow night so the morning is stress free. Ahhh I just can't believe it's here! I was only on stims for 10 days, which is great. The weekend retrieval means no time off work this week. I don't have a ton of time built up so that is a big plus for me. We are planning on a 5-day blastocyst transfer next Thursday with a bedrest day after which means I get a long weekend to relax! So, so happy about this.

Oh and the irony ... I'm taking my last class to finish my masters. On Monday, I'll be facilitating a discussion (20% of my grade!) on the ethical implications of cross border reproductive services ... so the ethics of poor women donating eggs/their body (surrogacy) for money, the same for men and sperm donation, to citizens of higher income countries ... among many other issues related to this topic, like, do they have a choice, what are the long term implications to the health of these people, is this right, etc. It shouldn't turn into a personal debate but I may have a have a hard time keeping quiet if people are ignorant. Its just very interesting the timing of it all.

Anyway, I am pretty sure we are going to do a single embryo transfer unless we do a 3-day, in which case my doctor recommends transferring two. I feel pretty sure about this, but not 100%. Not that I don't feel this is the right choice, because I do, but that I want to be able to look back on this decision when we know the outcome and not think going the other way would have changed it. Because there is no way to know. My body has done just about all it can do, but come Saturday, it's out of my hands and I accept that.

That's all I've got for now. Three hours to stress about my butt shot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment