So much to look forward to. So many plans. So many What ifs ... And, what if nots. I've been waiting for my baby for so long, a few more weeks shouldn't be that bad, right?
Wrong!
Since we decided to move forward with IVF, I figured it would take a lot of time to get everything in order... Schedules, meds, money etc were the most important. Well, turns out this is going to actually be less of a hassle timewise than our IUI cycle.
So, I am forced to do something I am terrible at. Wait! I called my wonderful nurse Friday just to see if there was anything I could/should be doing. Nope! Nothing. Nothing at all.
I shouldn't complain. I have a full plate with work and school and some personal stuff. Kitty just got spayed this week. Broke my heart, but she's doing great and Layla pup is taking great care of her :)
Also, hubby and I decided to take an impromptu trip to the beach. It may be rainy (still hoping for a few snowflakes!) and cold but it's lovely to just stare at the ocean and think about how our lives are about to change.
While the thoughts of this process are definitely consuming, I'm so happy to have a great group of friends that are so supportive to turn to. I am so so lucky to have found them through BBC.
I remember a few times in Florence when I'd get homesick. But I'd quickly stop myself and say, 'look around, look at this place' ... So even though I've not reached that 'place' in my journey yet, I've begun looking for it in different ways. And, perhaps more importantly, begun to believe that we'll get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment